13 Jan

Mia’s cowl is 19″. I need 24″ before the buttonholes and then just a couple more rows after that.


The January mystery washcloth is 1/3 done.


I eliminated the Double Wedding Ring quilt from the possible quilts to start this year. I printed out Inklingo shapes for a Seven Sisters block to test drive if I want to make that.


It’s been a while since I hand pieced and I’m very rusty. Most important of all, I can’t remember what needle size and type I like to use! I tried 10 betweens and those were short and stubby. I tried straw needles and they were too long. Both of those were already in my hand piecing toolkit so I assume I liked one of those. Otherwise, why would I keep them in there? Once I find out what I like, I’m going to write it down and keep that note in my toolkit. I’m getting old.

I’ve been seeing some spectacular hexagon quilts on Pinterest and the web. I might throw another reproduction antique hex quilt into the mix of possibilities! I also might throw in a circle modern quilt. I need to just go with something.


2 Responses to “Progress”

  1. Sewing Beside the Sea January 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM #

    Love the texture of the cowl 🙂

  2. bsburgess January 13, 2014 at 9:50 AM #

    Like the Seven Sister’s as a possible choice. I can relate to the forgetting!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: