An Experiment

13 Jul

I bought some sale yarn on a whim at Hobby Lobby.  I tried it out on an existing tank top pattern and couldn’t get the gauge no matter what needles I tried.  So I decided it was time to try an experiment.  I got out my Barbara Walker book and did the math for my own creation.  If it doesn’t work out, no harm done.  If it does, then great.  Here’s what I have so far.

The yarn is “Spa” by Naturally Caron.  It’s an acrylic / bamboo blend.  It’s very splitty and slippery but has a nice sheen and is very thin – sport weight I think more than DK weight.  It’s a scoop neck but not too low.  I just tried it on and it’s going to fit semi-tight – no ease.  Should be interesting.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: