Flower Girl Dress

19 May

One down… One to go…

I got the fabric at JoAnn’s.  The bodice and underskirt were a satiny/taffeta fabric.  The JoAnn’s workers helped steer me in the right direction for fabric that was easier to work with (less slippery, could withstand more heat, and not wrinkle).  The overlay fabric shredded like crazy (well, both did really) and has these tiny rhinestones glued on everywhere.  My sewing machine needle found each and every one of those rhinestones!  PITA – that’s what those were!

I ended up dropping the waist about 1/2″ and the skirt length about 2″.

My MIL is picking this one up tomorrow and I’ll start the next one tomorrow.  Then I’ll be back to quilting!

Advertisements

2 Responses to “Flower Girl Dress”

  1. Diana W. May 19, 2010 at 10:10 PM #

    That is a lovely dress. You did a great job on it I made a mermaid dress once and that fabric was filmy like that and was HORRIBLE to work with…never again.
    The dresses will look wonderful.

  2. Kathy May 24, 2010 at 1:13 PM #

    Beautiful! Great job! I know how hard it is to deal with those @#$%& fabrics! That’s why I stick to quilting cottons! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: